Workers compensation is a type of insurance that all California employers who have six or more employees must have to protect their employees in the event of an accident or injury at work. Every employee is entitled to workers comp benefits if they’re injured while on-the-job. It seems pretty clear, but you might find that you actually need a workers comp lawyer to help you get what is rightfully coming to you. Read below to learn 5 of the many reasons to hire a workers comp attorney.
1. MMI: California law requires that a workers comp claim be labeled as MMI when the maximum level of rehabilitation from the injury has been attained. Many other states do not have an MMI law. An attorney can help you better understand maximum medical improvement and how it works so you are compliant with all laws and regulations.
2. Denial: If your workers comp claim has been denied, you need an attorney. There are several reasons for a denied claim but an attorney will help you resolve any of the issues.
3. Expertise: Attorneys have a special expertise concerning workers compensation that you do not have. It is nice to have the assurance that a legal expert brings your way.
4. It is Easier: When you’ve been injured on the job, it turns your life upside down. You’re hurt, unable to work, need to go to the doctor, and have bills piling up. You do not need any more stress than you already have. With an attorney by your side, it is much easier to get what you need and get on with life.
5. Peace of Mind: When you hire a lawyer, there is a certainty and peace of mind that you enjoy. Without an attorney, it is anyone’s guess how the case will go. When there is an attorney there, you’re confident in your case.